Friday, March 12, 2010

WORLD PREMIERE of Breaking Benjamin's "Give Me a Sign" Music Video



Last month, I was booked for my first music video, for Breaking Benjamin's latest single, "Give Me a Sign." Honestly, I had never heard of Breaking Benjamin, and the gig was something else to submit for. So I went for it, and I got it!

Before you start thinking that shooting a music video is all glitz and glam, I'm gonna set you straight: It's NOT. I was there from 1230pm-after 230am, and there were some other background actors who got there at 1030am and stayed until the end. Some of the principal actors were there from 8am-230am. OUCH! Plus, we didn't actually film the part with the background actors until nearly 1am! At least during the evening, we kept ourselves entertained by watching the Winter Olympics on tv, since we had filmed in a real hospital on Roosevelt Island.

They did, however, feed us VERY well. We had a lunch AND dinner, so I definitely was going to complain about that. Plus, I had about 5 cups of tea from crafty, which basically kept me sane during those long hours of sitting around and waiting. And the band was SUPER nice! Very down-to-earth, and no attitudes or anything. They were definitely extremely pleasant people to be around.

I also had the pleasure of working with director, Nigel Dick. In case you didn't know who he is, he has directed over 300 music videos, tv, film, etc. He's directed Britney, the Backstreet Boys, Elton John, Paul McCartney, and many many MANY other artists. He actually also gave me a ride to Manhattan after the shoot with two of his crew, because he felt bad when he saw me walking alone at nearly 3am. So that was pretty neat to get a ride from a legendary director! I felt sorta special. :)

For the music video, I got picked to play a female nurse in the hospital. I actually ended up getting more screen-time than the other background actors, but you only see me for a couple of seconds on screen. And you just see my backside. But at least I know that my backside is now immortalized! Hehe.


Soo...on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, the music video made its world premiere on
Breaking Benjamin's MySpace page. I'm in the very beginning, walking down the hallway of the hospital, on the right side of the screen. DON'T BLINK! Or else you'll miss me.

I guess I'm now somewhat a music video vixen! Haha. Enjoy the music video right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment