Monday, March 1, 2010

A Stroll Down Memory Lane...

So I totally almost forgot about this lovely article that the NY Daily News published about me back in 1999!

I was the first Edward R. Murrow High School student to be accepted into an All-Eastern level ensemble, so I guess it was a pretty big deal! I was a member of the All-Eastern Honors Chorus and got to perform at Carnegie Hall back in 1999. And I got a solo! Kinda. Well, there was a brazilian indian piece we did that was really cool, where the chorus had sounds of jungle animals, rain drops, thunder, etc... and there were these brazilian indian "cave-people" who speak in the middle of the piece...and *I* was the female brazilian indian person!

Honestly, I actually didn't know how to pronounce the words when I was auditioned and kinda did it on a whim, but since everyone else auditioned, I figured, "Why not?" And since I can definitely project my voice in a large space, the conductor knew that I was "the one." :)
And I can be heard on the cd! (Track will be posted on my official website...eventually. *SUSPENSE!!!*)

Fun fact: Anne Hathaway also sang in the All-Eastern Honors Chorus with me! And I loved that that was fun fact of hers when she was nominated for an Academy Award last year...and also whenever she does anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment